Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Heading Home

It is with much excitement I find myself getting ready to go home for Thanksgiving.  I think back at of all the past Thanksgivings in these 36 years of life, the devotion and fellowship that I've felt and shared with family and friends.  One day I look forward to a Thanksgiving I can share again with everyone I've spent Thanksgiving with in these past 36 years.   That would be one big table, and the table continues to grow.  With one more this year at our table, little Ethan.  I know it will be a blessing.  I will be missing Mike, he's going to be spending Thanksgiving with his mother and sister and nephew.  I hope everyone the best Thanksgiving, full of friends and family.  I find myself full of all kinds of emotions.  Don't eat too much turkey and dressing.  With Christmas right around the corner I find myself getting a bit full in the mid section.  Guess New years resolutions will be right around the corner. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Derek.  :)  Enjoy your family!
Carol

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Derek!
Love ya!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend!!!!!  hugs, judi