Saturday, November 6, 2004

The Tree

When I saw this willow tree that stood so vigil over this beautiful lake.  I thought of the shade it had given over the years to all the children who walked under it, the shelter of the neighborhood squirrels.  Then sitting under it, not really meditating, but very much at peace I thought of the first tree-the one on which hung the forbidden fruit that Adam and Eve just couldn't resist.  God used that tree to  test their loyalty and trust.  I've always loved trees, not sure why i'm thinking of all the trees I've loved.  The ones I've read about, and the ones that have been a symbol of His love.  Tree of life, Tree of salvation.  What about the cross?  Would you consider that a tree?  It was a transplanted tree, it was of a sturdy tree once.  Now my mind is wondering has anyone ever wrote about that tree, the tree that held up such  a symbol of love and sacrafice.  I guess that tree was truly the tree of life.  I wish I could see that tree, and sit under it's shade and pray and think.  I bet it was a beautiful tree.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your entrys all the time . what a beautiful though I also wonder what kind of tree that was.

Anonymous said...

I love trees too. Their arms always outstretched towards heaven, while providing shade from the hot sun, and tire swings for children, places to climb and tree-houses too. When I was a kid I think I was part monkey, always climbing as high as I could get in trees. Love this picture . It's so quieting. Thanks for sharing it. Hugs, my friend. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty!  NIce entry too
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

I love trees and the Weeping Willows are one of my favorite...wonder if they were present at the crucifixion.  Love this entry, Derek...hugs...gloria