Friday, September 21, 2007

Light the Night Walk

I’ve been talking about darkness and light lately, so I thought I’d write today about a cause that is dear to my heart.   I’m doing the Light the Night Walk next week, I’ve only raised $100 so far, my goal is only $300.   I don’t usually put stuff like this on my blog, but it is a part of me so I’ve decided too, I should have done it sooner, but I thought I’d be able to raise it in time.   In darkness I find light once again.   We all know someone with cancer, I’m walking this for those I have lost, and for those I have in my life that are fighting it today.   My first and only still best friend was in 8th grade, David, I’ve written about him a good bit, we’re still best friends to this day.   His girlfriend and later fiancé had leukemia, she fought a strong battle.   She went into remission.  David and her got engaged.   But with a few years it came back, she still fought like a soldier, but the second time Margaret lost the fight.   It amazes me that every 5 minutes someone is diagnosed with cancer, and every 10 minutes someone loses the fight.  My friend and cowork Cyndi also just went through this fight, a long one, but is in remission now and doing wonderful.  She inspired me to do this walk for all.  My dad is going through a type of chemo now, and so is my friend Brett.   No one that reads this has to give, but your support means a lot to me.   You don’t even have to give, but if you’d just put up a link in an entry if you know someone or have lost someone or anything that you could think of to help, or join your local chapter in your city.   I plan on taking lots of pictures of the balloons rising.  My personal webpage is http://www.active.com/donate/ltnJackso/2220_deveal   Thanks for your support in the past, present, and the future.

No comments: