Friday, January 14, 2005

WEEKEND ASSIGNMENT #43, My flag for the State of Derekville

Weekend Assignment #43: Congratulations, you've become your own soverign state! Design a flag for the United States of You, using no more than three colors and one symbol (the symbol can be of any color). Explain your design choices.

State of Derekville

Sorry I used more than one color, guess I got carried away.  and I used more than one symbol too.  But the main symbol is the cross, which stands for Hope, and represents Christ, and his sacrafice He made for us and the red in the cross is my love for HIM.  The yellow stars are value stars, they represent people who have touched my life in special ways, and the red star stands for one I value and love.  The purple people at the bottom stand for friendship, my earthly friends all together holding hands, my circle of friends so to speak.  Purple is my favorite color so had to put some purple in it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great flag
~ Promise

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it. Come and see mine, it's a Christian flag to. :)

Blessings,

Sara

http://journals.aol.com/glopsblink/ATreasureTroveofGoodies

Anonymous said...

I especially like the people holding hands. - Karen

Anonymous said...

Love your flag, Derek!  Hugs, gloria