Wednesday, February 16, 2005

A Beautiful Run

Yesterday on my way to go work out, I changed my mind because of the weather conditions, it was beautiful out.  I ran over three bridges, and let me tell you when I hit that last bridge as the sun was going down over the river I just had to take a second to just let it soak in how beautiful it was.  I wanted the camera.  But like  so many times when I'm running I didn't have it.    My first couple of miles are always hard but after I get past 2 they seem to be very enjoyable runs.  I finally made it back, and Mike had cooked a pot roast, and his mom came over and we had a nice dinner.  It was a nice day! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day! I need to find an exercise routine where I could stick it out. I am getting the middle age pudge! Used to live and work in Jacksonville. Love the Brewery. Do they still have the Friday brunch and the cheesecake trolleys there? p, that is why I'm pudgy, I am a foodie!

Anonymous said...

It sounds beautiful.  I have a regular 5 mile walking loop...and sometimes I will carry the camera with me even though it's combersome.  It's usually worth it.

Anonymous said...

We have had a few Really nice days. We have gotten out to do some speed walking and it always seems like we have to get to a certain point in the walk and then it is pure pleasure. Wonder why that is. I usually take my camera, but it is hard to slow down enough to take a good shot...but lately I have not had anything spectacular -- like a sunset -- to take pictures of.
Pot roast sounds GREAT. And it sounds like you had a great Day!!!
I can't remember how I found your journal, but I am enjoying it very much. Thanks for sharing.
Kate~

Anonymous said...

sounds like a really great day.  here's to more of them!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

no, you're obviously not a novice runner!!!   glad you had a good run!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl  

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day.
V

Anonymous said...

    Great weather, great run, great meal, great company ... what more could a guy ask for?
                                        *** Coy ***