Monday, July 18, 2005

Monday morning!

You know how some people dread Monday’s.  I’m not that way.  For as far back as I can remember.  Monday’s meant a new start for me.  If I ever started a diet, a running plan, putting my life in order.  I would have to start on a Monday.  Not sure why but the only ones that ever worked for me, was the ones I started on a Monday.  So Mondays have actually always been good to me.  A new start.  I’ve got a few things in my head that I would like to start doing.   Eating better, running agenda, working out, start swimming.  Clean out more clutter from my head.  I wish I could be that way more about every day.  If I mess up on a Monday, sometimes I mess up the whole rest of the week.  So on this Monday the most important realization of my new life is this:  Realize I can’t do anything to change yesterday, as much as I’d like to, I have choices concerning the way I live today.  So even though I start this on a Monday I can start by changing my perceptions and actions today.  Maybe I should of started this on a Tuesday just to show I could do that.  Hope everyone has a great Monday, and a great week.  Blessings to everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You rock it out for the week!!

Anonymous said...

Derek,

It's one thing I say to EVERYONE at the office. Everyone likes to say "Thank God it's almost Friday" and other familiar phrases. I always say to people, "Thank God it's almost Monday." Sometimes they will get thrown off by it, others will laugh. Then on Monday, people will ask me how the weekend was. I may respond by saying, "It's was just too long this time around." The only drawback is when I have the Monday night meetings twice a month which I have to run. That's when I really wish "It's almost Tuesday!"

Steve

Anonymous said...

I love MOndays! I am glad to know that I am not the only one!

Anonymous said...

I only like Mondays when there's a holiday -- or when I'm on medical leave like I am now.  Friday will always be my favorite day.  Take care, buddy.

Russ