Tuesday, July 19, 2005

tuesday morning

I had a really good day yesterday.  It was a scorcher, I got home and went for a five mile run, in the heat.  Man was my heart beating fast.  I got that adrenaline rush, it was awesome.   I was sweating so bad, I couldn't see.   I had my ipod on and I was jogging to some great tunes.   I noticed some smells by the bridge that brought me back to childhood.   It was a smell of some kind of weeds that grow high beside the bridge.  I remember smelling those weeds before, maybe pulling weeds from the peanuts.   Not sure.  But it brought me back.   The sun has been shining, and I've been smiling.  Now for a good Tuesday. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing how smells can take you back, even smells you had long forgotten will suddenly bring a mental picture. Have a good day

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/Family

Anonymous said...

Derek,

I have that one "smell", too. Unfortunately, it's not the greatest smell, but brings back a good memory of my paternal grandfather. It's the smell of tar. I remember the days in my youth when my father took me by a construction site in town where the construction company my grandfather worked for was building four 12-story apartment buildings. We would go by there at least once a week and sometimes on the way to the local swimming pool which was next door. But I was just amazed at the size of the buildings. Of course at that age, anything above two stories was huge. The smell of tar could have been from either from tarring the roof or perhaps the parking lot. But it's one smell that always evokes that memory.

Have a great Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

smells and music, two things, for me , that can take me back to a different place in time!two things that can conjur memories! It's amazing huh???
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Glad your Monday was good! hope your Tuesday is just as great!