Tuesday, July 27, 2004

What makes you come alive

I've been asking myself this question a lot lately.  If you had permission to do what you really wanted to do, what would it be.  I'm not asking how, that will cut your desire off at the knees.  My life as an adventure.  Sometimes I think our desires are buried deep and it takes some unearthing to get to them.  I think we should pay attention to our desire.  Sometimes the clues are in our past, in the moments when we found ourselves loving what we were doing.  The details change as we grow, but the  themes remain the same.  I love reading everyone's journals and reading about the things they love.  With Judi it's her art, http://journals.aol.com/judithheartsong/newbeginning/ it makes her alive, and just looking at her art makes me feel alive.  What a wonderful gift.  With Carol, http://journals.aol.com/eynl/HappeningsduringtheairIbreathe/ , it's her love for life and her family.  Peachy, http://journals.aol.com/jcgeorgiapeach/ThePeachPages/ her love for writing and letting you escape and be brought somewhere wonderful in her writings, an adventure just in everyday life, through her love for her family and all of mankind.  Barb, http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/LETTERSTOHEAVEN/, and her letters to heaven that speak to our soul, she brings inspiration to my life everyday.   I could go on and on.  I love these journals they speak to my heart everyday.

 

What did you always dream of doing or being.... and is it still alive in you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry this is. One of the reasons I love your journal is because it always gets one's mind going. The mind is an awesome thing. I am blessed, my dear friend. What I dreamed of doing is writing things that uplift and encourage people. I dreamed of sharing my love for the Lord, of how real and wonderful He is. I dreamed of giving people hope and always wanted to use words to make each reader know how SPECIAL we are. We're loved greatly by the One who created us. And by the way, Derek. Your journal uplifts and blesses me as much as mine do you. {{{{Derek}}}}  *Barb*

Anonymous said...

I had always dreamed of being a photographer for a travel magazine or National Geographic.  The dream is always alive in me ... I may  not be a photographer for either of those magazines but, people claim to enjoy my photographs. :-)  That alone keeps the dream going.  

Those are all great journals you mentioned. :-)

Monica

Anonymous said...

I dream of traveling and recording all the adventures encountered.  I dream of sleeping late and staying up late...in other words, not having to work!  I am a great dreamer, I would love to lay on a beach and watch the tide and be with my thoughts and dreams....and take lots and lots of pictures.  I think I would love to take classes on Art and History.  Thank you for this delicious day dream!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a kind thing to say. You are a dear, dear friend...... a daydream of mine would be to be a geologist or oceanographer. Thank you for the lovely post.