Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday

Oh what good food we had last night, we had our church Thanksgiving dinner last night,  Terri and George hosted it and their house was so, peaceful and warm.  There was so much wonderful food, my stew was a hit.  We all really had a great time, I was upset that I forgot my camera because Valerie and Rochelle brought their new addition, little Aaron Michael, he's such a beautiful and perfect baby.  Mike and I both held him and he was so sweet.  We made it home and I was tired and hit the sack, I dreamed I went to a restaurant, and Mike was dressed up like a big turkey, in a 3 person suit, he was the head and feet of the turkey but two women were the wings, maybe it was his mom and sister, but they were going around singing Happy Thanksgiving songs like Happy Birthday to each table, I woke up laughing.  This morning we went to church, and we had a nice service that seemed to touch us all in some way.  Our choir sang the song we've been practicing for the past few weeks, and my music was just shaking I was so nervous.  Now we're back home, time for some rest.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! Sorry I have not been a nice person, I don't blame your distance , glad you are well.
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend!  It sounds like you've had a really nice weekend.  What a good way to start the week, hmm??  Don't you hate when you forget your camera??  I've now made a point to have mine with me everyday, no matter where I'm going or what I'm doing.  My family laughs at me.  Going to the drive thru ATM at the bank, camera goes.  Go to work, the camera goes.  Go to the Dr, the camera goes.  You never know!  Have a great day Derek!

Chris
http://itsallaboutmeithink.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a good life.  I am glad for you.

Anonymous said...

What a giggle of a dream that was!!

Tilly x

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your weekend has been
great!
Connie

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add...
That picture of Mike is hysterical!
LOL
Connie

Anonymous said...

Derek, that picture is so  funny!
I am so glad that you are in a positive mood. Church always did that for me too, (made me feel good) but I can't find a church here in Florida where I feel comfortable. Maybe it's me:(
I visited your other Blogsite and it is absolutely gorgeous! I tried to leave a comment about the poem that you wrote and that fabulous picture that went with it, but the site would not accept anonymous bloggers. Sorry. I guess I am anonymous when I go over there, though I have been able to leave comments at other blogspots. If I don't talk to you have a fabulous gobble, gobble day. I know I am going to be really busy this week so I am visiting my  favorite journals tonight.
Take care,
Maryanne
http://journals.aol.com/globetrotter2u/Myfeelingsarereal/entries/1236

Anonymous said...

The picture is priceless !! Glad you had a good "thanksgiving." Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

Neat Pic!!!!
http://deabvt.blogspot.com/
V