Monday, April 18, 2005

Broke

Sometimes I sit and think about how broke I am all the time!  J So how much does money matter to me, not enough I guess, cause I never seem to have it.  Sometimes I wonder if I did have money what direction would it go in.  How would I spend my money?  How do I spend my money now?  Sometimes I feel like I’m a slave to it, and I never even have it.  I think when I don’t have it, what I could be doing, or I sit around in lullsville, well not always but sometimes.  Funny I’m thinking about money, maybe because I know how broke I am, and know I don’t get paid till Friday, plus I was a little sad that I didn’t have much to give in the offering.  Money really doesn’t matter that much to me.  I’ve never really had a lot, so I guess I’ve never really been one to want material things, I have had them given to me before, and I’ve also been friends with those with great riches and who were very depressed.  So I know money isn’t the answer to anything.    I’ve heard the saying before “For a quick check on your heart, check out your checkbook.”  If that was true though I wouldn’t have much of a heart.  But maybe it means how you feel about knowing how much you have.  I have riches in my life that I am very thankful for.  O.K. all this said, I still wish I could win the lottery, after all I do live in Florida. I am telling myself in words that I don’t want more, but what is my heart really saying.  I’m yearning for more, and sometimes I wonder if more, means money?  I know it doesn’t bring happiness, but I sure could use a little bit of it anyway

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh....wouldn't it be nice to know how being rich actually felt...i've always been a po' girl....guess i always will...lol..but i am happy and i guess that's what matters most....Hugss ~Terri~

Anonymous said...

I would love to have just enough...hugs, gloria

Anonymous said...

I so know what you mean. Sonja's always bitching how "we have no money" and while we're not rich, we are not poor. I am constantly reminding her that there are people in this world who really don't have any money and should be thankful for the things we do have. Like this computer and the internet. I don't know many truely poor people with internet access. :)
XOXO...Kelli