Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Change, Change, Change

Change, change, change.  It is one thing we can be sure of in this life that’s for sure.  I wrote a poem once about it, I’ll have to search my poems and see if I can find it.  I was going to say I’m not sure why I’m thinking about this, but I think I know.  I’m thinking about last year, and the changes from this year.  Everything changes, our relationships change as we move to new places, experiences, and ultimately face death.  Sorry didn’t want to bring up the d word.  But it’s true.  Guess writing about Dr. Edwards, got me thinking.  I wake up look in the mirror, even that changes, lines on my face, my skin.  Changes.  Change and decay in all around I see.  That’s from a song.  Somethings don’t change, God’s love for us.  He’s always there to depnd on, to be the same forever.  So I guess yes I can get caught up in the tides of time, but I know I can rest in those arms that I may not see, but are holding me.  Maybe change doesn’t have to be so scary after all. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so true change is a part of life. Some good some bad but you are on the right track. God holds us during these changes and sometimes he even carries us when we feel we can't stand anymore. God Bless You. *Louise*

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a quote I keep in my collection.  "It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory."--Edward Demming, Management consultant
carol

Anonymous said...

I like Carol's quote.  That's how I feel most of the time.  I don't do change well, either.  Hugs, gloria

Anonymous said...

Maybe change doesn’t have to be so scary after all.  
Perfect!
V