Thursday, May 26, 2005

Day 4

 

This was a full day.  I was awaken by the sound of laughing children.  I got up and fed Ethan, he is so big, he’s only a couple pounds lighter than Eli,  Eli never eats.  I think I bribed him by telling him for every bite of his hamburger I would get him a piece of candy.  He took two bites.  He loves candy though.  Autumn was being really sweet.  Mike and I left early so we could get some shopping done,  he bought the most beautiful quilt I’ve seen, we got soybean candles, rugs, wine, and some other things.  We had lunch at a nice German restaurant.  I had potato pancakes, and Mike had spetzuls.  We left and I got my first viewing of Neverland Farms for the wedding rehersal.  It just blew me away.  I went crazy taking pictures.  They speak for theirself.  I’ll post them later today or tomorrow.   Mike had fun with the camera too.  I took Autumn and Eli to play with the ponies.  They laughed so hard.  I told them to whisper in his ear their names, and the pony would remember their names forever.  The rehersal was short, and we did a quick little runthrough.  I was mainly interesting in exploring.  I could of spent the rest of the day there.  But it was time for the picnic in. Sherry’s good friend Casey and Mama’s husband were steady grilling hamburgers and hotdogs.  There were lots of goodies for everyone.  Lots of children playing in the water.  I saw many cousins and family and friends, but my biggest surprise was my best friend David, my longest friend, from 9th grade till now.  He came with his wife Noel.  I can’t tell you how wonderful it was to see them.  We all ate, and Mike, David, Noel, and I went for a long walk to a bridge on the river and talked. Poor Mike’s foot was hurting him so bad, but he took the walk with stride, and I helped him down the hard bumps.   By the time we made it back, everyone was packed and gone.  Onlything left was a flyfisherman where the kids were playing.  So the four of us went to a pub had some beer and talked some more.  Then we all went up to the lodge, and partied some more.  It was a great night, Sherry was really happy David had come too and felt really honored he came.  After staying up way too late, especially since there was going to be a big wedding the next day.  We all decided it was time to go to bed. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

D, You`re really a nice man.
V

Anonymous said...

I'm sure glad my ma never tried that candy bribe when I was little.  I'd probably weigh even more than I do now....which is a scary scary thought.    Russ

ps  I swam in a big aluminum cattle tank as a kid too.  ;)

Anonymous said...

Great entry and wonderful photos.  Mama looks radiant!