Thursday, September 29, 2005

ANGELS

I'm thinking I've written before about my imaginary friends when I was younger.  Poppy was my invisible friend I created when I was around 3-4 years old.  I had many friends I created, and from my mom's accounts spent many hours with them.  What an active imagination I had, guess I still do.  The church we go to is a small church, it has grown in number since we first started, but is still quite small in number but I feel we do radiate joy as we sing.  And our pastor Linda tells her sermons with enthusiasm.  When I first started going I felt really good about the church, but couldn't quite shake the feeling of sympathy for the amount of people that was there.  But each week I see new faces and hear diffrent testimonies and find out how wrong my first thought was.  Then I heard these words from the hymnal. "Therefore with angels and archangels and all the company of heaven, we worship and adore Thy glorius name."   Doesn't that just change everything.  Here I was in this small church with angels and archangels and the company of heaven.  A lot more than I originally thought.  What wonderful company I was with and didn't even realize.  Makes me think about when I first came to Christ in faith, I think we join an invisible host of companions, many angels.  Maybe those imaginary friends were angels I was really playing with, who knows.  Don't you love thinking of angels in our presence.  I do.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

;-)
~Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh I believe in angels!!!!! I do I do....
I have stories to tell....I will get to it soon, one day someday! I loved this entry, I can relate to it so much...almost as if I had been there!
Peace
Jodi
http://journals.aol.com/jouell3935/Haveyoulostyourmind
http://journals.aol.com/jouell3935/Messages/
http://journals.aol.com/jouell3935/PointCounterpoint

Anonymous said...

I've always believed in Angels.  That's a nice thought about imaginary friends being angels.  I had a couple of imaginary friends myself.
Tami

Anonymous said...

I have always loved angels.  Just the thought that there is something out there keeping an eye on us, is lovely and comforting.  Tina

Anonymous said...

I've also heard that 'imaginary friends' are ghosts that very young children are open-minded enough to speak with.  I don't believe in angels, but I admire the folks who do.  It must be very comforting.

xo,
Russ

Anonymous said...

I love the thought of having angels around me!!!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

That was a very sweet thought.

Take Care,

Gabreael

Anonymous said...

Loved this entry. Made me feel peaceful, and like there is a possibility I might some day find a church where I am happy and comfortable once again. My oldest son had an imaginary friend named Ropey when he was 4 and 5. I was alittle concerned about how into Ropey my son was, but now I realize that he was always just an incredibly creative and sensitive child. Today, at 25, he still intrigues us when he describes a simple event in his life. A consummate story-teller- everyone loves his charisma and charm. Would love to hear more about your church, the sermons, point of view regarding liberal vs. conservatism, etc.
Maryanne
http://journals.aol.com/globetrotter2u/Myfeelingsarereal/