Saturday, September 3, 2005

Early morning thoughts

My cousin Harolene made a promise to God and to herself, that each morning she would get up at 4:30 and write to God.  She's quite the writer and she's just recently been writing on a website of her brother's who gone to Russia to witness, and now is in Gulfport searching for souls to bring to the cross.   Our hearts go out to all the pain and suffering and loss that has gone on it the last week.  Seems like in great disasters like this we come to appreciate what we have.  I hope that all these people going through such horrible times can stay strong and keep faith.  There's mighty strenth in our inner being through his spirit.  If there is one thing that I hide from more than anything it is my weaknesses.   I detest it so much I invent ways to cover them.   "Your strenth is made perfect in weakness."   Maybe in some way this is when we are strongest, when we are weak.  So yes I'm proud to be a strong weak person!  :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you. I too am a strong weak person. What a wonderful idea setting up a time to write to God. I spend most of my day just chatting his ear off. Funny things sad things you name it. I have so much going on in this head of mine. I think that he is the ONLY one that can truly understand me right now.
Take Care,
Louise

Anonymous said...

As another strong weak person, I agree one hundred percent.

Anonymous said...

Vulnerability is a wonderful thing - If we were all to let our neighbours glimpse that side of us occasionally, the World would be a kinder place.
Tilly x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

I am so weak it's pathetic
~Julie