Sunday, September 4, 2005

Voices

I couldn't remember if I had shared this or not, but a couple of Sunday mornings ago at church, our little church was singing a song.  We don't have a huge congregation, but I feel we radiate joy when we sing.  Pastor Linda spoke from the bible and her life enthusistically.  After the sermon we sang another song, not from the hymnal but one that Pastor Linda had brought, I'd never heard this song before, but it really touched me.  I started singing, and the voices I heard were so beautiful, the words coming from my own mouth were as well.  I felt like I was in the company of heaven for at least two whole verses, then that little doubt entered my mind and I thought, I know I don't sound this good, so the last verse sounded good but I couldn't hear the angels I was hearing before.  I say angels only because it sounded so angelic for me, I was moved to tears.  So I felt we were really worshipping His glorious name in that song, but I only got to hear what we sounded like to Him for the first two verses,the last verse I only heard what we sounded like to me, which was still pretty good, but didn't compare to what I was hearing.  God forgive me for doubting, I don't think I knew I was in such good company at the time.  I think when we came to Christ in faith, we also joined an invisible host of companions.   Angels so to speak.  Yes I believe in Angels.  I always have.  I think I've always had special angels watching over me, one of my favorites was the story my mom used to tell me when I was little, that everyone has a guardian angel that watches over them.  When I was younger I used to talk to it,  I only say it, because I didn't think of it as male or female.  Just this beautiful light.   These are my childhood thoughts.  I havn't talked to that guardian angel in a long time, but I know it is stil watching out for me.  Bless me a lot today!  Bless all of you out there reading a lot as well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry.  I was always told I had a Guardian Angel and all my life I have believed it, but with my health going the way it has been for the last couple of years, I think mine has gone on strike or taken a very extended vacation.

Anonymous said...

This post is beautiful .I also believe in angels and when a friend of mine is feeling so bad I pray for a angel to hold him and for my daughter also. I like to believe even though they are not belivers it helpes them.How do you feel about that Derek. I hope to think these people we love will change there way of thinking some day.

Anonymous said...

guardian angels have to be real, I believe that any time  you would say"luck" or lucky, it was your angel protecting, guiding.Not that we should live carelessly to test the theory, but yes it is true they are there, oh I have a picture of mine! LOL will have to show you!!!!!
*
~Julie

Anonymous said...

It amazes me sometimes what can happen to you when you are singing in church.
Once instead of having a sermon we sat and sang for the whole service.  It was truely wonderful.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Derek, I think we have people put in front of us and before us...I think you understand that.  Good entry. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

What a great illustration of the gift of faith and the pitfalls of doubt. My Grandma always insisted that we had no call to doubt when we had faith. It seems I realize how right she was from time to time.
Robert

Anonymous said...

Hey, Derek ... I have always had an affinity for angels.  Ever since I was a kid, I felt as though they were around, watching over me.  As I am typing this, I can look up and see a whole row of angels sitting on the desk, above my computer. It's nice to have that kind of company, isn't it ?    Tina