Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Didn't want to hold it in

I read this over at Chris's Journal You all have to read this crazy proclamation by Pat Robertson that Ellen Degeneres is the cause of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans:

Ellen Degeneres causes Katrina       It's sad to me, I don't usually write about this stuff or my feelings on it.  I try not to write from reaction.  I didn't watch it personally, so i didn't see it.  I won't say anything about him personally, I'll just let the public figure out this on their own.  I will say tell me what you hate and I can tell you a great deal about yourself.   Writer Olive Moore wrote "Be careful withe hatred...Hatred is a passion requiring one hundred times the energy of love.  Keep it for a cause, not an individual.  Keep it for injustice, intolerance, hatred is the strength of the sensitive.  It's power and greatness depend on the selflessness of its use."  How sad that he wastes his time on  hatred of a wonderful human being that has not done anything to hurt him or anyone.  So am I angry at Pat Robertson that he would make such comments myself.  Why stoop to his level.  I will leave it to God to judge me, or Ellen, or Pat Robertson for that matter.  My personal feeling is how sad that one of America's religious leaders has this misdirected hatred, when hatred is directed at one person or people and not at the forces around us that destroy life and hope then there is a problem.  Learn from the past Pat.  Hopefully others feel the same way.  I ask for us to handle hatred with the utmost care.      Matthew 5:44 "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." 
This is what I say back to Pat Robertson.  So I guess I love you Pat, God bless you Pat.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME entry, D.  You've expressed yourself very well and without incurring karma.  Matthew 5:44 is one of my favs.  God bless you, Derek.  Hugs and love, gloria

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry hun , but I just so wish Pat would keep his yap shut!!!!!!!! or get back on his medicine! there are too manyChritian hating people who will have a field day with this!
~J

Anonymous said...

OMG  that's the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard !  Hurricanes are not man-made..........what an ignorant fool..........Mother Nature causes Hurricanes as well as any other "Natural Disaster"   I am so sorry for the people that were inflicted by this disaster.......I cry everyday for them........I pray everyday for them........but I guess I will have to add this "Pat" to my prayers.  Pray that this person does not pass judgement, open his heart and wake up and smell the coffee !

Anonymous said...

I heard about this over at Michael's blog.  I couldn't
believe it then, and I can't believe it now.  Where in
the world does this man live?  THe moon?
Connie

Anonymous said...

“God already allows one awards show to promote the homosexual agenda,” Robertson declared. “But clearly He will not tolerate such sinful behavior to spread beyond the Tonys.”   Someone get this guy a muzzle.   Tina

Anonymous said...

That Pat dude is whacked in the head, really you can't take such tripe literally..I just shrug it off as just one more stupid comment from just one more stupid ass..

PJ

Anonymous said...

I read this, yeah. Unbelievable, isn't it? I remember being a kid, flipping through channels and coming across the 700 Club. I listened to this guy talk. I thought to myself then, "What a weirdo!"

Some things never change.

Ari

Anonymous said...

It's not true.  I hate Pat Robertson more than almost everybody, but this is a hoax.  People believe it because he has said so much crazy shit in the past.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/katrina/robertson.asp

hugs,
Russ

Anonymous said...

I read about this over at Connie's journal...unbelievable!
~  www.jerseygirljournal.com