Friday, September 16, 2005

Anger in my sleep

Love suffers long and is kind.  1 Corinthians 13:4   I opened Mike's bible this morning, after reading an email from him.  And this is the scripture I found, open, close my eyes, then point, my best way to find the answers.  So I am using this verse to help me cope with frustrations I find myself in.  Maybe I should use this anytime anger wells up within me.  Lately I've been showing anger in my sleep of all places, yesterday was hard for me, I was in a lot of back pain.  I went to bed, and although I was very groggy, I remember the words, move over or turn over.  Which I couldn't, my back was hurting.  So in my sleep, I let the anger out, the anger of being woke up, the anger of being in pain.  I honestly don't remember what I said back, I think I said why don't you turn over, and he said please, and I said "No".  So I do remember this scenerio some.  After that he got up and went to the couch after writing me an email of how mean I was, and that he still loves me.  We're at that over a year stage, and I guess things are not as easy as in the beginning.  I'm not writing poetry to him all the time, and maybe not writing about him in my blog as much but he's still very much a part of my everyday life.  So all I can say Mike is yes, I was angry in my sleep, and I said some things in harsh tones.  So I ask you to think of this verse that I opened up too and think about it.  I'm also very sorry for anything I said in my groggy angry state.  I think all day long, wish I could think when I am sleeping, I think it's the only time I give my head a rest.  Fill our hearts with goodness and kindness, and care towards each other.  Again I'm sorry, next time just pinch me, but not too hard.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You old sleepy head!! That would have made me mad too..lol~
but make up life is too short to be angry..a good pinch is good for a man every now and then..lol..

Anonymous said...

Ok.. we all get a little angry at times when we get woke up,but you two still are in love and its truly a blessing to read about...pinch him back if it is too hard..LOL

Anonymous said...

Love is a choice, "Derek, and it seems to me that you're always doing your best to love the way GOD asks us too. We all get a little angry sometimes. But those of us who understand what love is, don't remain angry. I love 1 Corinthians 13:4 too.
Hugs, dear one.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Derek,
Here's hoping that you and Mike have a wonderful weekend together "making up" - which we all know is the best thing about falling out!
Tilly x
http://journals.sol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

It's just a natural progression in a relationship..I mean really it's unrealistic not to mention impossible to be nice, kind and loving 24/7 regardless of who it is in your life..as far as bed goes..try sharing it with two cats who also think it's their bed also and putting up with snoring that could be mistaken as a Tornado siren lol..many times I have had to get up in the middle of the night and sleep in one of the guest rooms to get some quiet..lol

PJ

Anonymous said...

I hope Mike reads this entry and I hope you guys will stay together because you seem to love each other. Sorry about your back pain...

Anonymous said...

aww derek, I hope it all works out...
~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

Anonymous said...

Hey, everybody gets angry once in awhile.  No doubt that Mike still loves you.  Here's to you guys making up this weekend.  Take care of your back.  Maybe you should go see someone about it.
Tami

Anonymous said...

Just a little bump in the road, I am sure.  Tina

Anonymous said...

I think there should be a strick rule about sleep time. If someone growls, bites, hits, sings happy birthday, says anything of anger, and of course the opposite, something too emotional, while basically asleep. The person must not be held accountable.
I have someone in my life, who enjoys waking me up in the middle of the night for various reasons. 80% of the time I don't even remember it the next morning, "it" meaning me growling to leave me alone, let me sleep etc. Yet, I'll suffer the wrath for the entire day. Sleep time, is the time out time.
I hope things are well with Mike and you!!!! And remember, bedtime is neutral time ;o)
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

and it is these ins and outs that make the relationship....... that you can live day to day and still love each other. A hug for you both. judi