Saturday, September 10, 2005

Experience "Crash"

Last week Sherry recommended a movie to me.  I knew I would probably like it, cause she usually knows the kind of movies that touch me.  This one blew me away!

Everyday we are faced with reactions.  How we interpret a situation colours our perceptions of daily life     This movie touched me on so many levels.  This movie is of stereotypes, and racial prejudice.  Also on Karma. "KARMA" which I find is so much a part of our lives. We just don't like to say it's God because that's considered in society to be too radical, too extreme, too religiousy...so instead we call what God does "karma". Calling it karma and avoiding mention of God gives it a new modern edge and leaves us in our "not offending anyone" comfort zone. Nowadays karma is trendy and cool. If you do good or love people good karma will be given to you...bad karma well you know. Karma is all of our lives intersecting to create situations that bring us further to spiritual enlightenment or deeper into darkness depending on what path we choose. I do believe karma is of God, a part of the whole.

This movie inspired me and I felt myself participating in the feelings and emotions of the characters. 

God knows exactly when lives will cross and intersect and that's why when a person did good he was rewarded or felt good. When the person was doing bad they got it back around again. When they were just lost or confused they got a second chance.
 It's about looking beyond the physical and down into the created human soul. It's about recognizing that we are all the same in our struggles and that the more we connect to help each other and LOVE ONE ANOTHER.  In the same vein, the more we detach and think only of oneself the more we will lead our lives down a self destructive path.

After seeing the movie, I thought about our lives always intertwine with many different people but we never look at each interaction as being significant. This movie clearly points out a plan in action and how He feels sitting up there watching everything connect. We are so tunnel vision these days that we forget just how dependent we are on so many different people for situations to arise as lessons to help guide our path."

It is a thought-provoking look at racial stereotypes in america as well.  I think about how we are born, and raised.   We aren't born with this hatred or ill will towards other races, it is instilled in us.   As you know I grew up in the South, not L.A.  but oh the stereotypes I know so well.  Get this movie folks, not a movie for the kiddies, but very thought provoking for sure.

I found myself so pulled into the movie on two occurrances that just took my breathaway, one is from the picture at the top, the other is with Matt Damon and Thandie Newton after a CRASH.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are thinking of getting this movie, I have heard nothing but good of it.
~Julie

Anonymous said...

I did not get a chance to see it in the movies but I pre-ordered it so when it went on sale I get it..and just got it today and cant wait to watch it..Its is going to be so good..shame some people just did not get it or wont get it.

Anonymous said...

I will have to see this movie also.  I too believe that lives intersect for a reason and most times we don't even know why, but I know it's for a reason.
Carol

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of it, but I will check it out.

Gabreael

http://journals.aol.com/gabreaelinfo/GabreaelsBodyMindSpiritJournal/

Anonymous said...

Gotta check it out!
V

Anonymous said...

I passed this movie by in Wal-Mart the other day. I stopped, looked, read the back, shrugged and put it back.  Thanks for the review. Now I will make a point of getting it.    ~Phin

Anonymous said...

Thanks Derek.  I'll have to check this one out also.  :)
Tami

Anonymous said...

I've heard so many good things about this movie, I can't wait to see it.
Tilly x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/