Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Henry S.C. Harper reunion

This is my great great grandfather when he was a young man.  This is the reunion I'm going to this weekend in my hometown.  When I was a little boy it was at the old church where my great great grandparents went to church.   There was no airconditioner and it was so hot,I remember those old fans I would fan myself with.  Then after the sermon we had so much food from some of the best cooks around.  Chicken and dumplings were my favorite.  I'm looking forward to it.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

eewwww "Chicken and dumpings" ?? I think you meant dumplings!  LOL
~Julie

Anonymous said...

I love chicken and dumplings...it only took me till age 35 to perfect my recipe...lol..~christie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the family and enjoy the rediscovered memories you'll inevitably get when you see familiar things.  I look forward to reading your impressions when you get back.  

xo,
Russ

Anonymous said...

he looks so serious! it's totally cool to see these black & white photos.  thank you for sharing!