Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Oldest person at the reunion

Every year at the Harper reunion they give a plaque for the oldest person there.  Edna Harper was married to my grandfather's first cousin.  She's always been a sweet lady.  When I asked her could I take her picture, she wanted to know why was I going to put it in the corn field to keep the crows away.   I told her she was beautiful and I was going to put it on a seniors dating service on the internet.  She just laughed and laughed.  She told me some good stories about years gone by, and memories of my great great grandmother.  I also thought of my Mema, because my Mema would be the same age if she was still alive.   I love family reunions always have.  I think everyone enjoyed the old pictures I brought.  Well seems most of the journals are not working.  I can't seem to get any of them up, except this one.   My picture of the day journal is not working.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a lovely woman , and quite good at the "season" coloring thing too, that dress is a wonderful color on her!! LOL
~Julie

Anonymous said...

SHE HAS KIND EYES..I BET THE MEN WILL COME KNOCKING AT HER DOOR..LOL
SHE IS A PRETTY LADY.

Anonymous said...

she is beautiful...... lovely eyes. judi