Wednesday, August 3, 2005

Wednesday thoughts

I'm not much on jewelry, never have been, all I can ever remember wanting was maybe a ring.  Mike gave me a claddagh ring back on Christmas.  The ring with a heart and two hands reaching towards the heart and a crown on top of the heart.  I wear this ring at all times, and it means many diffrent things for me.  I enjoy wearing it because I like people asking me about it, so I can share about it.  It also means commitment in our relationship, it speaks of love, and faith, and fun.  It has also transformed me in many ways.  Trials and testings.  Mike lost his job today, so prayer requests are going out to everyone.  Mike sounds optimistic about it, so I'm going to try and be the same.  I let go of any worries.  I spent most of my early life worrying, I think it's time to let go.  Bless us a lot!  :)  Eli was in the hospital earlier this week with a stomach bug, Sat-Tuesday.  Glad to hear he's doing much better. The family is going to go out to Lake Blackshear this weekend, but I'm going to be missing it, will be glad to go home, not much longer, there is Ethan and Eli's birthday this month and a family reunion.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We call those rings Claddagh rings over here, I know exactly what you mean.  I shall say prayers for Mike and hope he finds something else really soon. Hope Eli is better now.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/Family

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that Mike lost his job...and I'm glad that you are remembering commitment is not always about the fun parts...christie

Anonymous said...

Greetings, Derek!

Sorry to hear of the news that Mike lost his job. May he find a new job which will be even more enjoyable for him. I also extend my admiration for the commitment you have for the two of you. Commitment is very hard to find these days. Which is quite a shame.

{{{{Hugs}}}} and prayers for Eli and his quick recuperation from the stomach bug!

Steven

Anonymous said...

Derek, sorry to hear about Mike losing his job today.  My hope is he finds one that makes him happier then the last one..he's optimistic and that is a good thing..keeps him going..you two are really committed and that is one thing that is so evident in your writing.  Keep the faith and prayers for you both.

Anonymous said...

Your ring sounds beautiful....I believe that it is the meaning behind the ring that gives it its beauty and value.
I'm sorry to hear about Mike's job situation. I can understand how you are feeling as the nature of Bill's job means slowdowns and layoffs. It's hard not to worry. Praying for both of you.
Take care.
laura

Anonymous said...

lots of prayers your way!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox my good friend. judi

Anonymous said...

Sending you guys good thoughts on the job front for Mike. I'm sure things will work out.  

NJLB
http://journals.aol.com/njlittlebear/MyBigFatGeekLife