Friday, April 9, 2004

Inside Myself

Well, I've been writing so much about my family that I havn't written much about myself this week.  I've really been enjoying this new online journaling.  It all seems to be flowing.  Learning more about it every day.  And loving interacting and discussing things through this avenue.  Glad it's Friday finally.  Looking forward to the weekend.  Relaxing, running on the beach, getting some rays.  And spending some time with friends.  Working on a poem, still trying to clean it up a bit, but here goes.

Inside Myself

Lost inside myself, reaching out to the universe. What will I learn?

Pictures in frames change with time, evidence of my journey, faces of stars that weren't meant to GUIDE ME.

Becoming more hopeless and afraid of never finding the way, never finding the path to my destiny.

I stand outside alone at night, close my eyes and feel something that surrounds me, it is then my spirit hears their voices, rise out of the darkness.  A sigh in the trees. "Our eyes are the stars that shine".  "Our love is the moonlight that gently whispers the night."  "Our hope for you fills each glorius dawn with light". "Our pride in all you have done, gives color to every sunset." 

Am I looking into the eyes of my ancestors, realizing I am on the path I was meant to take all along.  I'm no longer inside myself, I'm finding my guiding stars more beautiful than any other in this vast sky.

Still needs a little cleaning up.  But I'm getting there.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice peom Derek, very heart felt.  remember destiny finds us.