Sunday, April 4, 2004

Thoughts on a Sunday Afternoon

It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon, I'm sitting on my balcony in Ponte Vedra Beach.   The big picture for me today is to look out on this peaceful morning as the sun shines down on my skin, and the energy I feel from nature around me, the calming effect of the breeze in the trees, and the lake below.  Even the sound of the Ocean, which is only a minutes's bicycle ride away.  Just surrender to a higher power.  Just saying O.K. God, I hear you, thank you, and I'll do whatever you want.  I think we are all put here on this world for a purpose, not all will find this purpose, not all will find this peace or purpose but I can look into person's eyes and know if they have found it.  I remember the first time I saw it and I've been looking for it ever since and will continue until I do.  We are also put here to react to one another.  To trust ourselves , others, and the goodness of life, and the good intentions God has for us.  It's not easy though and problems will seem overwhelming and there will be days that scare us.  We may feel needy, scared, ashamed, or not want to get out of bed.  In these moments we may feel that things and people outside ourselves hold our key to happiness.  I've been told this over and over, now it's time to believe it and realize that people or things can't stop our pain or heal us. It is all up to us.  All change is left up to us and begins there.

No comments: