Sunday, April 18, 2004

Sunday night, I mean Monday morning

Well the Sunday night supper club was fun, we grilled salmon on the grill, had rotini, my new favorite vegi, with pasta and peppers.  Key lime pie for dessert.  Boy am I full, and sleepy.  Today was beautiful, my friend Mike and I laid out by the pool most of the day.  I'm reading a new book, I'll tell you more about later.  Guess I'm pooped.  Can't believe it's already back to work in the morning.  Weekends never last long enough. We sat by the pool listening to Public Broadcasting radio, there was something on it about Adam and Eve, about how Eve was created within the lush beauty of Eden's garden, but Adam was created outside the garden, in the wilderness.  So I got out my bible and read a little Genesis, the second chapter does say man was created in the outback, from the untamed part of creation.  Only afterwards is he brought to the Garden of Eden.  Guess that's why as long as I can remember I loved to explore, the woods when I was a boy.  I've often said the only time I really felt I was where I belonged was when I was up in the North Georgia Mountains.  Last year seeing the mountain of Washington State.  I felt my heart come alive.  Like I was coming home or something.  Awesome feeling.  Well good night all, and have a great week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've often said the only time I really felt I was where I belonged was when I was up in the North Georgia Mountains.

Me too, My son and I went hiking yesterday.  He found some really great trails nearby that run along a river.  I was singing "BlackBird" hiking through the forest.  I felt so alive and happy!